Quote Me

"I want to witness love, I've never seen it close." -Drake

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Donnie Darko (Spoiler Warning!)



So all throughout high school, whenever I was in English class, my teachers or a student would always bring up this movie Donnie Darko and I never watched it. So one day this summer, I decided to watch it. As a future English teacher, I realized why they loved this movie so much. It is a tragic film but touching nonetheless. This character Donnie Darko, is a truly disturbed teenager who has troubling visions of rabbit who is apparently from the future. Throughout the movie you get a sense of Donnie being on some kind of mission, but you never truly understand what that is until very end, which is what the clip posted below is. Now the clip doesn't spoil everything and you should watch the movie anyway. The message is great, and the song that's playing during the clip below is awesome as well. Everyone assumed Donnie to be a bad kid but what he did in the end was the ultimate sacrifice of love. GO WATCH!!!!!!



---Movie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment